Col. Kyle Hosman is Commander, 482nd Maintenance Group, 482d Fighter Wing, Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla. Hosman serves as the senior air reserve technician, ensuring the readiness of over 650 Air Force Reservists, active duty, and civilian members. The maintenance group’s mission is to ensure the air worthiness and combat mission readiness of 28 F-16C aircraft, supporting the wing’s air combat and tactical training mission.
Col. Hosman enlisted in the Air Force in 1989. In 1998, he graduated from California State University in Chico and in 2000 he entered officer training school. Hosman has held numerous positions as an aircraft and munitions maintenance officer and commanded at the squadron and group levels. Prior to his current position, the colonel served as Chief of Air Force Reserve Protection Program Integration, Headquarters Air Force at the Pentagon.
Col. Hosman has deployed in support of Operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Inherent Resolve, and Freedom’s Sentinel.
1989 Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1998 Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, California State University
2000 Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Missile Maintenance Officers’ Course, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2001 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Munitions Maintenance Officers’ Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2003 Aircraft Maintenance Officers’ Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2005 Aircraft Mishap Investigation Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2005 Maintenance Officer Intermediate Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2005 Combat Ammunition Production and Planning Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2006 Master of Science International Management, Troy University, Ala.
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Jet Engine Mishap Investigation Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2009 Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officers’ School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2010 USAF Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2019 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. November 2000-September 2003, Missile Maintenance Officer, 341st Maintenance Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2. September 2003-September 2006, Aircraft/Munitions Maintenance Officer, 7th Maintenance Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
3. September 2006-April 2007, Munitions Maintenance Officer, 784th Combat Sustainment Group, Hill AFB, Utah
4. April 2007-July 2012, Aircraft/Munitions Maintenance Officer, 419th Maintenance Group, Hill AFB, UT
5. July 2012-December 2014, Implementation Branch Chief, Repair Network Integration Program Management Office, HQ Air Force material Command, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. December 2014-July 2017, Commander, 94th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
7. July 2017-October 2019, Deputy Commander/Senior Air Reserve Technician, 459th Maintenance Group, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
8. October 2019-February 2022, Air Force Futures, Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. February 2022-present, Commander, 482nd Maintenance Group, Homestead ARB, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 devices
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with 5 devices
Air Force Good Conduct Medal
National Defense Service Medal with 1 device
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with 1 device
Iraq Campaign Medal with 1 device
Global War on Terror Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terror Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Air Force Longevity Service with 2 ‘M’ devices
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 “M” Device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon w/1 device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 17 November 2000
First Lieutenant 17 November 2002
Captain 17 November 2004
Major 18 May 2010
Lieutenant Colonel 28 August 2015
Colonel 13 Feb 2022
(Current as of February 2022)