Col. David A. Biggs is the commander of the 482nd Mission Support Group, Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla. He is an Air Reserve Technician and has the primary responsibility of formulating plans and establishing policies for more than 800 civilians, contractors and reservists within the mission support group staff agencies. He commands the daily operations of military and civilian personnel, contracting, services, bioenvironmental, emergency management; and force support, civil engineering, communications, security forces, aerial port and logistics readiness squadrons. He ensures productive interaction between the wing’s functional support areas and assigned units to make sure that the primary mission is accomplished.
Col. Biggs graduated from the University of Mary Washington in 1988 and enlisted in the Air Force in February 1990 as a Command and Control Specialist in the Virginia Air National Guard as a Traditional Guardsman. He attended the Air National Guard Academy of Military Science and commissioned as an officer in October 1991.
Prior to serving in his current position, Biggs was the Reserve Advisor and Deputy Chief, Logistics Readiness Division for the Headquarters Air Force Director of Logistics (AF/4L), Pentagon, Va.
1988 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, Va.
1991 Academy of Military Science Officer Commissioning, Knoxville, Tenn.
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by Correspondence
2003 Air Command Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by Correspondence
2008 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2011 Masters of Business Administration, American Intercontinental University, Weston, Fla.
2012 Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance, Joint Humanitarian Operations Course, Miami, Fla.
2013 Air War College, by Correspondence
2017 Advanced LOGTECH, Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. February 1990 - October 1991, Command and Control Specialist (enlisted), 192d Operations Group, Sandston, Va.
2. October 1991 - October 1994, Executive Officer to the 192d Maintenance Squadron Commander, Sandston, Va.
3. November 1994 - December 2002, Officer in Charge, Personnel Specialist, 192d Military Personnel Flight, Sandston, Va.
4. January 2003 - February 2011, Logistics Readiness Officer and Chief of Supply, 192d Logistics Readiness Squadron, Sandston , Va., and Langley Air Force Base, Va.
5. October 2013 - January 2015, Commander, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Homestead ARB, Fla.
6. September 2016 - August 2018, Reserve Advisor and Deputy Chief, Logistics Readiness Division for the Headquarters Air Force Director of Logistics (AF/4L), Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
7. August 2018 - current, Commander, 482nd Mission Support Group, Homestead ARB, Fla.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2005 - February 2008, Logistics Plans and Operations Officer Standing Joint Force Headquarters U.S. Southern Command, Miami, Fla.
2. March 2008 - October 2009, Chief Public Private Cooperation, Non-Governmental Organization Division, USSOUTHCOM, Miami, Fla.
3. Jan 2010 - October 2010, J4 Director for the Combined Forces Special Operations Command Afghanistan, Kabul, Afghanistan
4. March 2011 - September 2013, Logistics Readiness Officer J4 Directorate USSOUTHCOM, Miami, Fla.
5. January 2015 - September 2015, Deputy Division Chief and Joint Logistics Officer, Joint Logistics Operations Center, Joint Chiefs of Staff J4, Pentagon, Arlington Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 3, 1991
First Lieutenant Oct. 17, 1993
Captain Dec. 3, 1995
Major Feb. 12, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Feb. 12, 2007
Colonel Dec. 6, 2014
(Current as of August 2018)