|COLONEL DAVID E. DAVIS|
Colonel David E. Davis is Vice Commander of the 482nd Fighter Wing, Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla. As Vice Commander, he assists the commander in the overall management of the installation, to include a squadron of 25 F-16 C/D aircraft. His leadership span of control encompasses over 1,600 members, including more than 1,200 reservists, of which 260 are full-time reservists and 325 full-time civilians. Additionally, he oversees the seamless integration of 11 tenant units to include the Florida Air National Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Headquarters Special Operations Command South.
Colonel Davis is a graduate of Oklahoma State University, Okla., where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and economics. He received his commission through Officer Training School in 1984. The colonel is a 1984 graduate of undergraduate navigator training. He graduated from F-4 RTU in 1985 at McConnell AFB, Kan., where he was the top graduate and won the top academic award. He graduated from undergraduate pilot training at Vance AFB, Okla., in 1987 where he won the Commander's Cup as the top graduate.
Colonel Davis has served as an instructor pilot, weapons officer, test pilot, safety officer, flight commander and group commander. He is a command pilot with more than 3,000 flying hours. The colonel led and flew combat missions for operations Provide Comfort II, Deny Flight, Decisive Edge and Northern Watch, with more than 100 combat flying hours. He was also a participant in Operation Noble Eagle in 2010. In his civilian job, the colonel is a pilot with a major airline flying the Boeing 777.
1980 Bachelor's degree in finance and economics, Oklahoma State University, Tulsa, Okla.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2009 Air War College, by correspondence
1. January 1984 - August 1984, student, undergraduate navigator training, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. February 1985 - September 1985, student, F-4 RTU, McConnell AFB, Kan.
3. January 1986 - January 1987, student, undergraduate pilot training, Vance AFB, Okla.
4. September 1987 - March 1988, student, F-16 RTU, Luke AFB, Ariz.
5. March 1988 - August 2006, test pilot, instructor pilot, weapons officer and flight commander, 302nd Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. September 2006 - March 2007, Assistant Director of Operations, 302nd Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. April 2007 - September 2008, safety officer, 944th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
11. October 2008 - October 2009, Commander, 944th Operations Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
12. November 2009 - August 2010, Special Assistant to the Commander, 944th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
13. September 2010 - March 2011, Vice Commander, 944th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB,
14. March 2011 - Present, Vice Commander, 482nd Fighter Wing, Homestead ARB, Fla.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: 3,000, including 100 combat hours
Aircraft flown: F-4, T-37, T-38 and F-16A/C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service medal with bronze star
Air Force Longevity Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve medal with two devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 14, 1984
First Lieutenant March 11, 1986
Captain Aug. 10, 1989
Major Oct. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 25, 2005
Colonel Sept. 11, 2010
(Current as of April 2011)