|COLONEL DONALD R. LINDBERG|
Col. Donald R. Lindberg is Commander, 482nd Fighter Wing, Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla. As Wing Commander, he is directly responsible for overall management of the installation, to include a squadron of 26 F16-C/D aircraft. His leadership span of control encompasses over 1,800 Airmen, including RegAF Active Association of 165 active duty, more than 1,200 reservists, 270 full-time reservists and 325 full-time civilians. Additionally, he oversees the seamless integration of 11 tenant units to include the Florida Air National Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Coast Guard MSST, Headquarters Special Operations Command South and a geographically separated Detachment of 35 Airmen at Shaw AFB, S.C.
Colonel Lindberg is a 1983 graduate of the U. S. Air Force Academy where he received his regular commission. He attended Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas and was recognized as a Distinguished Graduate. Colonel Lindberg has served in a variety of flying and command assignments, having commanded at the flight, squadron, and group levels.
Colonel Lindberg led and flew combat missions over Bosnia in support of Operations Deny Flight and Decisive Edge in 1996, Operation Northern Watch over Iraq in 1998, 1999 and 2000 as well as Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2005. Colonel Lindberg is a command pilot with more than 4,200 flying hours in the F-15, F-16 and F-22. In his civilian job, he is an airline pilot with a major U.S. carrier.
1983 Bachelor of Science degree in political science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Squadron Officer School (in correspondence)
2002 Air Command and Staff College (in correspondence)
2006 Air War College (in correspondence)
2012 Master of Business Administration degree, Trident University International, Cypress, Ca.
1. June 1983 - July 1984, student, Euro-NATO joint jet pilot training, Sheppard AFB, Texas (Distinguished Graduate)
2. August 1984 - October 1984, student, fighter lead-in training, Holloman AFB, N.M.
3. November 1984 - February 1985, student, F-15 training, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. March 1985 - Oct 1988, instructor pilot, wing electronic combat pilot and demo pilot, 53rd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Bitburg Air Base, Germany
5. November 1988 - January 1991, instructor pilot and standardization evaluation flight examiner, 555th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. November 1991 - December 1993, executive officer, 302nd Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. January 1994 - October 2001, flight commander, 302nd Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. November 2001 - February 2005, Commander, 944th Operations Support Flight, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. March 2005 - April 2007, Commander, 302nd Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
10. May 2007 - September 2008, Commander, 944th Operations Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
11. October 2008 - July 2010, Commander, 44th Fighter Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
12. July 2010 - Present, Commander, 482nd Fighter Wing, Homestead ARB, Fla.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: 4,200 including 246 combat hours
Aircraft flown: F-15C, F-16C, and F-22A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with five oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Medal with one service star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Ribbon with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Long Tour Ribbon
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Air Force Longevity Service Award with five oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1983
First Lieutenant June 1, 1985
Captain June 1, 1987
Major Oct. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel Sep. 12, 2002
Colonel July 1, 2007
(Current as of January 2013)