Do you give base tours?
Homestead Air Reserve Base maintains a tour program that runs year round. Thousands of individuals visit Homestead Air Reserve Base every year. With our several tenant units, diverse missions, and proximity to Miami, Homestead ARB serves as a great destination to tour. Tours are available for groups of no more than 40 people. Due to our operations tempo and limited manning, Homestead ARB does not accommodate private tour requests for single individuals or small groups (e.g. families).
Homestead ARB Tour Guidelines:
· Tour requests must be submitted at least 30 days in advance.
· Tours are conducted ONLY on Fridays, during the hours of 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
· Remember, Public Affairs only supports tours for groups no more than 40 people.
· The Homestead ARB support staff approves tour requests based on Public Affairs recommendation and Homestead ARB scheduling considerations.
· Please make Public Affairs aware of any tour guests who are officers in the grade of O-6 or above as well as any distinguished persons, award winners, POWs, etc., which will be accompanying your tour. Please notify Public Affairs if any tour guests are not U.S. Citizens.
· All tours are subject to change or cancellation based on operational requirements.
How to request a group tour:
Call the 482nd FW Public Affairs Office at (786) 415-7330 or Email 482FW.PA@us.af.mil
. Public Affairs will follow up if more information is needed. Thank you for your interest in touring Homestead ARB!
DOD identification card holder guidance: Usually, DOD identification card holders with installation access may conduct personal tours of the base with small groups of their own sponsored guests. However, personnel must notify their commander and submit tour request forms to ensure base leadership is aware of the visit. DOD ID card holders also need to coordinate their tour and obtain approval from affected units well in advance, and must also observe restricted/controlled areas and ensure they and their guests obey policies on photography. Photography on and near the flightline, and in controlled/restricted areas, is prohibited without official written permission.